making cmake and deb work together like in KDE 3.80.3

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:53:35 GMT 2007

Looking at the recent KDE 3.80.3 snapshots of Kubuntu, I am trying to
learn how to make cmake and debianisation work together. (Basically,
this is somewhat OT but I feel only the people here can answer so
forgive me.)

I am writing an application and want to use cmake, as well as debianise
it for distribution. So I checked the 3.80.3 diff.gz files. I notice
that for both okular and kdepimlibs the two files debian/rules and
debian/cmake.mk are exactly the same. Does this mean that once I write a
proper CMakeLists.txt file, all I need to do is put these two files
(along with others like control etc of course) in debian/ directory and
hey presto I can do dpkg-buildpackage ? Is that all ?

Please do reply. Thanks.

Shriramana Sharma.