Question on applicaiton "FSView"

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 03:49:25 BST 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> Just installed Tribe 1 in my VM and did not have any problems with it.
> But I do have at least one question so far.  Can someone explain the
> application FSView?  It seems to be a work in progress at least as
> navigation isn't quite there, there are no menus and other issues.  Is
> this something new to Gutsy?  Is it a true KDE app? (It currently doesn't
> seem to be.)  Will it be included in a more finalized form in final
> release?

Are you talking about this separate package called FS Viewer?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/x11/fsviewer

If yes, then it's definitely not a KDE app.

But if you're talking about the FS View that you can enable in Konqueror ->
View -> View Mode -> File Size View, then that's definitely a KDE plugin that
is installed from the konq-plugins package.