Groupware server proposal

Ryan Kavanagh ryanakca at kubuntu.org
Wed Jul 25 16:19:51 BST 2007

On July 25, 2007, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> On Sunday 15 July 2007 20:17:40 Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Sunday 15 July 2007 16:18, Sven Richter wrote:
> > > Hi,

<snip>

> Any update on this?

Yes, I'm currently in the process of trying to get eGroupWare synced from
Debian, I just need to figure out why it's in experimental. It builds fine in
a Gutsy sbuild. Umm. The server will be Gutsy, and when Gutsy gets released,
ScottK thought up of a great marketting scheme to pull in more corporate
users... something like:

With Ubuntu Server 7.10 and Kubuntu 7.10 you can easily set up an open source
collaboration server with eGroupWare. It offers seamless integration into
Kubuntu's KDE-PIM suite, yadda yadda. A shining example of it would be
Kubuntu Devel's eGroupWare server.

We'd probably have to get the marketting team to write it up... or a great
writer from the Kubuntu/Server teams. And, if I'm not mistaken, eGroupWare
was part of the server team's goals for Gutsy.

Cheers,
Ryan

--
Ryan Kavanagh (ryanakca)