Amarok, libtunepimp5-mp3 and kubuntu-restricted-extras

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:23:29 BST 2007

Heya!

It just popped into my mind... libtunepimp5-mp3 should probably become a
dependancy of Gutsy's kubuntu-restricted-extras. It is used in Amarok (i.e.
the default music player) for autotagging music, independent of the filename
and existing tags, but unfortunately not the codec ;-). Anyway...

Since Amarok is the default music player :-D, and libtunepimp5-mp3 makes it
possible to fetch tags for MP3 files, it probably should become part of
kubuntu-restricted-extras. Considering that thingy is meant to make it easier
for the user to get crappy format support all over the place.

Also I noticed that the Amarok package is missing some suggestions:
k3b for burning
libtunepimp5-mp3 and libxine1-ffmpeg for proper MP3 support

DebDiffs for both issues are attached.

Greetings from far too hot Austria
--
Harald Sitter