[kubuntu-devel] Debugging

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 22 11:22:47 GMT 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 06:24:35PM -0800, Tanner Xero Ezell wrote:
> Hello, I do apologize if this question has been asked/answered previously. I
> am a developer, and was interested in helping out with Kubuntu, as well as
> debugging. I am new to [K]ubuntu, and am curious if there is a repository, or
> way to get these packages with debugging symbols, or if i must recompile
> everything (hopefully not).

The main KDE modules all have -dbg packages with debug symbols,
kdelibs-dbg, kdebase-dbg etc.  In
theory these should work magically once installed.

There's also the debug symbol packages for every package in the
archive.  I've not used these so I'd be interested to know how well
they work.

http://lwn.net/Articles/201302/

Jonathan