Adept Feature Request

Constantin Makshin dinosaur-rus at
Tue Feb 27 15:05:36 GMT 2007

Adept offers an option to display console while working with packages
(installing, removing, etc.). Sometimes that console vital (for configuring
packages) so I guess it should be displayed by default.

For example, when 2.6.20-9 kernel was out, I decided to remove 2.6.20-8 and
install the new one. When removing old kernel, dpkg asked something, but when
I clicked "Show Details" button, the terminal flickered and I saw black
rectangle instead of it. Pressing "Show (Hide) Details" button for several
times didn't help.
Pressing arrow keys on keyboard caused "Yes" and "No" buttons to show. But
without seeing the question itself, I had to blindly select one of suggested

If the terminal was displayed from the beginning, such thing wouldn't happen.

Sorry if my English is bad. :)