Delicious adept changelog functionality may now be yours!

Michael D. Stemle, Jr. manchicken at notsosoft.net
Sun Feb 4 06:10:01 GMT 2007

Alright!  I got changelog functionality in adept_manager.  I've still got some
work to go with the updater still--which is funny since that's where we
really need it--but I thought you all might like to review some of how I'm
doing this.

First, either there is no "config" file for adept, or I'm not paying attention
(quite possibly the later of those two)... therefore I'm doing some big bad
ugly hardcodes and pre-processor directives in order to get things working
well.  No matter how we slice this, each consuming distro will have to modify
changelog.h and changelog.cpp to match their changelog pathing patterns... so
yeah.

Now, I think I found a bomb in adept_updater with the kubuntu upgrade wizard.
Whenever it shows up and I push the next button (I think it said next), it
blows up.  That's no good.  If anybody knows what's up with that or has
already fixed it, please let me know.  I'd love to have one less bomb to
defuse.  I also think that bug may get in the way of me testing my changelog
changes.

So, here's the bzr branch:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emanchicken/adept/updater-changelog-viewer/

P.S., this patch changes adept/adept/Makefile.am, so make sure you take that
into account when building.

--
~ Michael D. Stemle, Jr. <><
(A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer