question on "about me" in system settings and login picture

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 05:00:43 BST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Whle I don't necessarily want to "follow windows" I think it more or less
> makes sense to have the settings changed when you change the settings
> under "About Me."  Why else would there be a picture setting there?  Where
> does the picture set in About Me show up?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that we're going to copy Windows. But it is the
only other OS that I know, and one that does this behavior. So my knowledge
in this regard is a bit limited.

To be honest, I don't know where else the About Me picture is used at all. Is
it used in Kopete? KMail? KAddressBook? Sorry absolutely no ideas...