Celebratory Hug Day - 22 Aug 2007

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 17 22:25:34 BST 2007

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the GNOME project we are
having a very special Hug Day on Wednesday, August 22nd.  We will be
focusing on the collaboration between the Ubuntu and GNOME projects by
working on the following topics.

* Linking related bugs in Malone to GNOME's bugzilla.
* Ensuring that any forwarded bug reports have the same information and
are complete.
* Reproducing crasher bugs in GNOME's bugzilla in the development
release of Ubuntu to provide a detailed crash report for GNOME.

There will be a list of types of bugs including specifically targeted
bugs at:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay/20070822

This list will be finalized shortly before the start of the 22nd to
ensure that all the bugs on it still need attention.  Our goal is to
deal with all of the bugs on that list.

So on 22 August 2007, in all timezones, we'll be meeting in #ubuntu-bugs
on irc.freenode.net for a very special Hug Day.

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay

If you're interested in helping to improve Ubuntu and GNOME, please join
us.  Feel free to ask pedro, bdmurray, heno and the rest of the team for
ways to help out.  We hope to see you there and your name on the list of
bug triagers!

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com