question on "about me" in system settings and login picture

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:21:24 BST 2007

On Friday 17 August 2007, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> Shouldn't changing these ssettings in system settings also reflect in the
> login manager?  If this is a bug, I'll report it on launchpad, but don't
> know what pacakge to report against.

IMHO, it ideally should (just like in Windows?), however KDM and the user
settings are not synced by default.

In System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Login Manager -> Users tab, there is a
section of the window labeled "User Image Source". Pressing Shift+F1 (What's
This) and clicking on that area explains the choices. Basically, KDM is set
to use Admin by default, meaning what image the admin chooses for the user in
the login screen only.

Perhaps we could set it to "User, admin" by default?

Not sure what to do with the echo mode, though...