Kubuntu Gutsy wallpaper discussion

Martin Böhm martin.bohm at kubuntu.org
Thu Aug 16 15:52:43 BST 2007

Thank you all very much for your comments and ideas.

1. It seems that the main problem with our artwork lies in the tiny
(perhaps non-existent?) Kubuntu art community. Michael (manchicken)
expressed it very nicely. We like shiny, but we are developers with
little or no expertise in artwork design. We can probably decide if
the new artwork is an improvement or not, but we (at least I do) lack
the skill to create innovative graphic artwork.

I think we should try to find/create a "core" of such Kubuntu art
community - a group of two or three people who are able to design
artwork (and build up on the artwork that Ken started). Kubuntu is a
community project (perhaps even a bit more so than Ubuntu is), so
there is really room for such community "artworkers".

What do you think? If you agree with me, what should we do in order to
find those Kubuntu art volunteers? There is plenty of ideas, like
mailing the ubuntu-art mailing list, or asking at the forums,
kubuntu-users mailing lists and so on.

2. I like the idea of adding the default wallpaper in different
colours (or other wallpapers from kde-look.org) into the Kubuntu
wallpaper collection. I hope it will be technically possible to get
them into Kubuntu yet.

Martin