Kubuntu Gutsy wallpaper discussion

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 15 22:32:30 BST 2007

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 12:56:22 Martin Böhm wrote:
> Dear List,
> the feature freeze is getting closer, so I spent a moment thinking
> about non-development stuff a bit, namely the current Kubuntu Gutsy
> wallpaper.
>
> I think the pattern in it is not a bad one, but the colour used is not
> really good for daily use. I think it's too bright. I would really go
> for a darker shade of blue or another similar colour.

The SVG for the wallpaper is available under
http://sinecera.de/gutsy_kubuntu.svg

Feel free to tweak things as you like and submit your ideas. The shade of blue
used in the current artwork is in no way a done deal but I probably won't
have enough time to do much more in terms of Kubuntu artwork for Gutsy.

As far as widescreen pics go, there is no reason you cannot have them. Simply
export the SVG at the desired size (the curves should scale pretty well) and
then make sure that they get used when needed.

Ken

P.S. I would really like it if someone could tweak the usplash so the the
throbber_fore.png has a much lighter line around it than it currently uses.
To do this one has to open the pic in gimp, open the colormap dialog, pick a
color and then replace the outer line by selecting it, sharpening the
selection and filling it with the new color you chose from the colormap.