new powermanager and battery

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 15:36:32 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 16:31, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:10, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > And you do have /proc/acpi?
>
> /proc/acpi as a directory does exist.  Is there something I should be
> looking for?

Yes, check if you have a battery emulated in your vmware. It should surface
somewhere under /proc/acpi.

If there is one *and* HAL reports it, it's a bug in power-manager, otherwise,
it's either vmware lacking its emulation and if that is there, HAL being
broken (or incomplete).

You can query hal with the "lshal" program, btw.

>  Also Power Management is now found under "Lost and Found" under the K Menu

I'm not in charge of .desktop files, sorry.
--
sebas

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so. - Douglas Adams