new powermanager and battery

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 13:50:08 BST 2006

Hi Jonathan,

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 14:38, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 08:32, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Saturday 02 September 2006 13:38, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > > The thing that is "suspend if no less then 3 minutes left", that would
> > > technically be possible. I'll see what is possible to make it more
> > > clear.
> >
> > I've changed it, it's now in current svn (and configurable).

> On my VM Ware session running edgy on my laptop it shows there is no
> battery connected

Does ACPI report one? (Look in /proc/acpi)
Does HAL report one? (install kde-hal-device-manager and look for battery)

I can imagine that vmware just doesn't emulate a battery or AC Adapter, but
might be proven wrong.

Cheers,
--
sebas

Mohandas K. Gandhi often changed his mind publicly. An aide once asked him how
he could so freely contradict this week what he had said just last week. The
great man replied that it was because this week he knew better.