I still have problems with ACPI

Goldenear goldenear at free.fr
Wed Oct 18 01:38:26 BST 2006

Le mardi 17 octobre 2006 19:33, Luka Renko (Lure) a écrit :
> On Monday 16 October 2006 16:38, Goldenear wrote:
> > I'm using kubuntu beta 1 (last apt-get upgrade a few minutes ago). I
> > still have some problems with ACPI.
> >
> > Suspend doesn't work: The computer (asus A8J laptop with nvidia gpu)
> > seems to properly suspend but, after wake up, the screen stay blank (no
> > backlight) thus the hard drive is working (led activity). I really wonder
> > why the computer doesn't wake up properly...
>
> Is this i386 or amd64 laptop?
>
> Can you try booting (before suspend) without splash screen? You should
> enter boot menu and select appropriate line, press "e" to edit, delete
> "splash" word in the grub boot line and press Enter to boot without.
> There have been some reports that new splash screen may leave some cards in
> strange state.

It doesn't change anything... With or without splash it's the same.

> Also, did you have any other version of Ubuntu installed before and
> suspend/resume worked for you then?

I was using dapper before and it was exactly the same problem with suspend.
Hibernate was not working neither with Dapper, but except my ipw3945 problem,
hibernate now work pretty well with Edgy.
(My current system is a fresh install of Edgy, not an upgrade from Dapper)

Regards,
Nicolas.