Edgy Default Windeco.

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 02:44:33 BST 2006

On 10/13/06, Kenneth Wimer <kwwii at bootsplash.org> wrote:

> Perhaps we should/could include the old buttons as "kubuntu-dapper" or
> such.
> In any case, I am pretty sure that it is too late to add them for edgy.
>
> I think that it would be a good idea for edgy+1 to include a few other
> nice
> pieces of artwork in the default setup (like a couple extra wallpapers,
> etc.)
>
> Another idea I had was to include the different color versions of the
> final
> default wallpaper or several designs along the same line, but with
> different
> colors as apple does (the abstract stuff, I mean).
>
> Bye,
> Ken

Are the changes to the buttons something hardcoded into the window
decoration engine (Crystal)?

Since ti's too late to add options for the Daper themes in Edgy, I think a
more feasible option would be to probably make the default Dapper
settings/themes available in KDE-Look.org. The window deco, color scheme,
wallpaper, KDM theme, and (KSplash) splash screen. Most of these are easy to
"package". I'm just not sure about the window deco buttons.