Edgy Default Windeco.

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at bootsplash.org
Thu Oct 12 21:25:01 BST 2006

Hi ,

On Thursday 12 October 2006 08:08, Scott wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 09:52 pm, Kenny Duffus (kenny at duffus.org)
>
> spake thusly:
> > On Thursday 12 October 2006 05:00, Scott wrote:
> >> I rather like it. It reminds me of the Default in Ubuntu.  But I also
> >> liked the default in Kubuntu Dapper.
> >>
> >> Would it be possible to have both options and/or add a package with
> >> the old?
> >>
> >> It's probably too late to ask, but I figured it was worth a shot.
> >
> > you can change it in System Settings -> Appearance -> Window
> > Decorations
>
> Actually you can't. That's why this thread began.  The "Kubuntu" buttons
> are different in Edgy than they were in Dapper.

Correct.

> The options are Crystal Default, Crystal Aqua, Crystal Knifty,
> Handpainted, SVG, Vista and Kubuntu.
>
> None of which resembles the default in Dapper.
> --

Perhaps we should/could include the old buttons as "kubuntu-dapper" or such.
In any case, I am pretty sure that it is too late to add them for edgy.

I think that it would be a good idea for edgy+1 to include a few other nice
pieces of artwork in the default setup (like a couple extra wallpapers, etc.)

Another idea I had was to include the different color versions of the final
default wallpaper or several designs along the same line, but with different
colors as apple does (the abstract stuff, I mean).

Bye,
Ken