[kubuntu-devel] CUPS and Kubuntu Dapper

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 25 23:52:36 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:20:00PM +0100, Miquel Torres wrote:
> CUPS has now been broken in dapper for months. There are two facts:

Unfortunatly I'm busy with KDE updates and espresso, but this is
priority to be fixed before release.

> 1- CUPS 1.2 is not released yet, it is not even beta nor alpha(!)

I believe it was schedule for last December which is why the ubuntu
maintainer uploaded it.

> 2- KDE as of 3.5.1 is not compatible with the current CUPS 1.2 development
> branch.
>
> Has anything been decided on how to solve this problem?. It doesn't seem
> easy. Either hack KDE 3.5.2 to be compatible with CUPS 1.1.9x or decide to
> ship breeze's CUPS with dapper because 1.1.9something is really too bleeding
> edge.

Unfortunatly it seems nobody is maintaining kdeprint.  I'll spend some
time to see if KDE can be made to work with it otherwise I'll upload
an old CUPS for use with KDE.

Jonathan