CUPS and Kubuntu Dapper

Emanuel Steen kozz at pegasos.org
Fri Mar 24 14:58:01 GMT 2006

You can also use http://localhost:631/.

The problems seem to be that /etc/cups/printers.conf do not exits, or is
empty. It will be created/updated when adding a driver with an other tool.

If I add a printer with http://localhost:631/ I can connect to the cups server
but if I remove it again it does not work anymore.

Cups prints a lot of
E [24/Mar/2006:15:52:50 +0100] CUPS-Get-Printers client-error-not-found: No
destinations added.
messages in the error log when trying to access cups from kdeprint when no
printer exists. But seems to work fine when one driver exits. It even stops
working if I remove the single existing driver from kdeprint, after that it
is not possible to access cups.

// Emanuel