closing tabs faster in konqueror

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Sun Mar 19 14:35:32 GMT 2006

Am Mittwoch, 15. März 2006 21:32 schrieb javier:
> El Miércoles, 15 de Marzo de 2006 21:16, Matej Svejda escribió:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a suggestion: What if you would enable closing tabs with a
> > middleclick? That would help useres who are used to Firefox or Opera.
> >
> > Matej
>
> +1. The default behaviour is not very useful and there are a lot of people
> made to middle click closes the tab behaviour. I've already changed my
> settings.
-1. Middleclick is used to re-arrange tabs. So by middleclicking+dragging a
tab you can move it in konqueror. In Opera this is done with
leftclicking+dragging; firefox seems to lack this feature. Anyway if
middleclick is used to close this functionality would have to be made
available in another way (leftclicking+dragging seems the only reasonable
alternative.
I doubt that this can be changed via settings, since leftclicking+dragging
right now is a URL copy/paste action which then again would be missing. You
get the point ;) Anyway I think it's fine the way KDE handles this by
default.

Regards,

Chris