powersave support of PPC

Luka Renko 74.luka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:50:02 GMT 2006

Hello all,

We are trying to get better support for powersave/kpowersave in Kubuntu (see
[1] for details).

As ubuntu has to properly support at least i386, amd64 and ppc platforms, we
will also need to ensure that we have proper support there. Currently there
is a bug (see [2]) opened for powersave 0.11.2-1 (which I know is old) on
Powerbook G4 (PPC) where powersave just coredumps. We will check if latest
versions are any better, but would still like to understand how much is it
used on amd64/ppc.

Are there any users of powersave/kpowersave on non-i386 platforms?

Regards,
Luka

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuPowersave
[2] https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/powersave/+bug/35006