Proposal for resolving powernowd/apmd vs. (k)powersave conflict

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Mon Mar 13 22:30:04 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 22:34, Luka Renko wrote:
> > > Suspend to Disk works now (with 2.6.15-15 kernel).
> >
> > With acpi-support or powersaved or both?
>
> Both. What I do not like with powersaved is that screen seems to be
> locked after resume and not before suspend - this leaves screen
> unlocked for small time after resume.

No this is not correct. KPOwersave lock the screen before your machine
suspend. The problem is that KDE need to long to create the blank screen and
lock your X-Session. We had such problems also in the past with SUSE. This is
'fixed' (it simply work now) now since our KDE developers changed the dcop
interface for the lock to a blocking methode which first come back if the
screen is really locked.

[...]
> > Yes, but it has moved to /usr/lib/libsysfs.la. That's why cpufrequtils
> > chould be rebuilt to pick up this new location.
>
> But I do not have cpufrequtils installed. Should powersaved depend on
> it (at least build)?

IMO: yes it should.

Cheers,

Danny