Question on Hibernate/Stand By on a laptop -- Possible Bug??

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Mar 13 20:50:39 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 March 2006 15:14, Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> I have noticed that if I put my laptop into stand-by mode (Fn+Esc) with a
> USB mouse still attached to it, I cannot get the laptop to return to normal
> operation, need to kill the power for it.
>
> Anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's probably a kernel bug. Does it work if you unload the host controller
driver (here, it's uhci_hcd) before suspending en reload afterwards? You
might want to stop hotplug before and restart it afterwards, if you use it,
to prevent having the driver reloaded automatically.)
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours. - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts