kdm boots to terminal sometimes

David abcdefg at solcon.nl
Wed Mar 8 08:29:59 GMT 2006

Hi,

On dapper I have the same problem (unlike breezy). I
don't think this is a ati problem because the computer I have the problem on
has a nvidia geforce2 card. Also I don't think this is a xorg problem because
I only have to type ctrl-alt-f7 to go to the kdm gui. So it's starts
correctly but the startup sequence trows me on the console login on boot. I
tried to find out when it goes correctly and when it goes wrong but it seems
completely random :)

Cheers,
David