kdm boots to terminal sometimes

john e john.godzero at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 06:24:05 GMT 2006

I've had similar problems (off and on) in the past. If you have a
video card (such as radeons) that has multiple drivers available, try
one of the alternate Xorg video drivers. See if the problem
stays/improves/worsens. I seem to remember "ati" as the driver on my
machine was problematic... but not 100% sure. Swaping drivers swaps
out a fair % of Xorg, so may help if theres a kdm->Xorg->driver prob.