Forward: Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter - Issue #1

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 5 14:03:50 BST 2006

Kubuntu News is being replaced by the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter,
subscribe to ubuntu-news to get it.

----- Forwarded message from Matt Galvin <matt.t.galvin at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:38:09 -0400
From: Matt Galvin <matt.t.galvin at gmail.com>
To: Ubuntu News <ubuntu-news at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sender: ubuntu-news-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: [ubuntu-news] Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter - Issue #1

== Kubuntu ==

The following sections cover this week's Kubuntu activity.

=== Kubuntu 6.06 LTS Released ===

Kubuntu 6.06 LTS has been released. It is available for download now
or for the first time you can order free Kubuntu CDs through Shipit.
This release comes with KDE 3.5.2 and includes a new installer which
you can use direct from the live desktop CD. We have focused on
stability and bug fixes, as our first Long Term Support release 6.06
will be supported for 3 years on the desktop and 5 years on the
server.

Thanks to everyone who helped test this release.

Official Announcement and Tour:
http://kubuntu.org/announcements/6.06-lts-release.php

Download: http://kubuntu.org/download.php

Order Free CDs: https://shipit.kubuntu.org/

=== Edgy Planning ===

Planning for the next release of Kubuntu, Edgy, has now begun.  We are
collecting ideas on our wiki page and will be converting them into
specs
for the developers summit in Paris later this month.  Please add any
ideas you have.

 https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuFutureIdeas

=== Paris Developers Summit ===

Attendees from Kubuntu at the Paris Developers Summit will include
kubuntu-default-settings hero Anthony Mercantine, Adept author Peter
Rockai, Guidance author Simon Edwards.

We will also have a number of invited guests from KDE, chosen by KDE
e.V.  Sebas Krugler, Ellen Reitmayr, Ken Wimer, Kevin Ottens and Aaron
Seigo will all help make this a rocking summit for Kubuntu
development.