Making Kubuntu look like Ubuntu

Stephen Holt steverwanda at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 11:24:05 BST 2006

Hi Jonathan,

I'm a little confused by what course of action you're recommending.
Could I register to call the distro "Ubuntu Rwanda" for instance, and
having done so could I then legitimately edit the Ubuntu logo in some
way to put on kdm, kicker and ksplash?

At present we don't have our own full distribution, I'm just intending
to install Kubuntu first from the standard CD and then install other
bits of software, the necessary KDE language files and the cosmetic
changes necessary to make it "Ubuntu" piecemeal, though we will be
looking to put everything onto one CD eventually.

Cheers,
Steve.