dropping kscd & kaudiocreator

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Fri Feb 3 15:41:36 GMT 2006

2006 m. vasaris 2 d., ketvirtadienis 17:53, Frank Siegert rašė:
> For kscd: Dropping it sounds sensible to me, as long as a media player like
> amarok is installed by default. Is it?

Amarok is not really a comfortable app to play audio cd's. It does it very
differently than kscd.

Amarok, I guess, has to cache the audio cd files first before playing, that
takes a lot of cpu load as well as time.

KSCD, on the other hand, is an easy to use app - just drop in the CD and
specify in the popup to play it.

For me the problem with KSCD is, that when one does something with konqueror ,
the kscd stops at half a song, and then you have to restart the song from the
beginning, it does not resume. I presume it is KDED that polls the cd at
request of Konqueror (humanly speaking :) that stops KSCD play.

This behaviour is very old, I have had it in Hoary and all KDE versions
afterwards.

However, I would still like to see kscd in future Kubuntu releases.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info