[kubuntu-devel] KDE 3.5.4 problems

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 7 10:53:10 BST 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 11:40:26AM +0200, Sebastian K?gler wrote:
> I've upgraded my Dapper Drake to the latest KDE packages, but I'm experiencing
> a couple of pretty annoying things:
>
> - middle click on URL doesn't open a new tab anymore, but opens a new window

There was a problem with the first bunch of packages that was fixed
shortly after release.  Try a dist upgrade and see if it solves this.

If kubuntu-default-settings is applying but you still have this issue
just tick the box in Konqueror's setttings.

> - new windows do not open on the screen containing the mouse anymore (it's
>   a xinerama setup)

These packages contain some experimental Xinerama patches, Seli is
happy for any feedback.

> - Konqi's menu is screwed up, it contains double entries for example (see
>   screenshot)

Hopefully the same as the first issue.

Jonathan