system:/ kio question

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Fri Apr 21 17:45:06 BST 2006

2006 m. balandis 20 d., ketvirtadienis 20:45, Christoph Wiesen rašė:
> I reported a few imo important issues with the system:/ kio slave,
> especially system:/home that's (at least for me) used for all browsing with
> System Menu -> Home Folder.

system:/ kio is something that annoys me most often in KDE.

I have already reported the system:/media/fd0 failure to display the contents
of the floppy before (it was also reported in tux magazine; will this be
fixed for dapper?)

Kaffeine starts treeting files as remote if they are on a local partition
accessed through system:/media

system:/media/hda1 (which is a place where my ntfs/windows partition is)  is
not descriptive. If I try to use some more descriptive title (e.g., win_c,
and mount it as /media/win_c), it does not help a lot, since upon clicking
the media "win_c" in system:/media I get an url that is still
system:/media/hda1 ....

I dread when I think about how to explain all this mess to my wife, who is
starting to use linux bit by bit.

I like the system:/remote part, though....

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info