[kubuntu-devel] Kubuntu on Rosetta

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Wed Apr 19 05:37:40 BST 2006

2006 m. balandis 18 d., antradienis 13:33, Jonathan Riddell rašė:
> There's a problem with the way the Kubuntu packages generate konqueror.pot
> (it needs to be utf8 but claims to be ascii), so I need to fix that, it'll
> be broken for all translations in rosetta.

Thank you Jonathan, that does make things much clearer. Should we put
information on handling Kubuntu translations in Rosetta on kubuntu wiki
somewhere?

> > 4. Should I, upon improving some translation upstream, take care of
> > importing it to Rosetta, or will it be done automatically before the
> > release?
>
> That'll be done automatically as long as the Lithuanian translations
> are released with the programme.  Rosetta imports the kde-i18n-lt
> package which is released by KDE and Amarok etc will include the
> Lithuanian .po files so when that version of Amarok gets uploaded to
> the Ubuntu repository it'll go into Rosetta.

I am not exactly clear on this...  Do I get it correctly, that whatever I
improve in KDE stable after 3.5.2 release (which, let's suppose, is now in
Dapper) will not get into Dapper unless KDE 3.5.3 is released and included
into Dapper?

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info