Kubuntu dapper-flight-6+ feedback

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Tue Apr 18 18:05:22 BST 2006

--------------------------------------
konqueror (web) won't always show all menu entries
--------------------------------------
The menu in Konqueror (web) sometimes lacks a few options. There are times
that "View" doesn't have the options "Split
View", "Fullscreen", "Navigational panel".
Other menus lack options as well. For example there's no way to save or
view "Viewing Profiles".

I think the menus are those that were used in Kubuntu previously - only that
this installation here was a fresh install of dapper-flight-6 and not a
dist-upgrade of some previous version.
Unfortunately I can not really reproduce this issue willingly. I assume that
it has to do with Konqueror windows that were opened from a previous session
(logout, log in again), but that's only an assumption.
Maybe you will know more - at least it looks to me that the "old simplified"
Kubuntu menus somewhere still exist. If those are replaced with the "new
simplified" menus I guess the error will be gone.

konqueror: view-> split view not translated