[kubuntu-devel] Re: Fwd: Re: [kubuntu-users] UPDATE: Announcement from

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 11 16:25:09 BST 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 05:07:18PM +0200, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> I'm all time asked if i request some donations for the upcomming linuxtag.
> Mirjam created a very cool Kubuntu Fyler. We need some cash to print them.

Mark has told me in the past he'd be happy to have a Kubuntu promo
budget for stuff like that if someone would handle the work.

> > I've not seen any request to have Canonical host kubuntu.de but I'm
> > sure they'd be happy to.
>
> I'm sorry that i asked the people directly. Hendrick  a very nice guy
> tried to help me. Unfortunately a vhost server for such a big host
> is not possible. Again the same question, if kubuntu is a project, it's easy
> to find sponsors for it. Guess nobody pay hosting if kubuntu is a commercial
> project :)

What's too big to host?  If it's live CDs that are the problem they
can go on kubuntu.org.  The rest is just a website like any other loco
group has?

> "companies" want to sponsor into Kubuntu, same here,
>
> an original quote: "If the project is free, we are happy to support it, if not
> like it looks like NOW, Mr. Shuttelworth should pay for it, we do not support
> him personal"

The project is free, you can download it at no cost and anyone can
help with its development, so I'm not sure what is needed here.

Jonathan