[kubuntu-devel] Re: kubuntu dapper release notes

Javier javiermon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 14:18:01 BST 2006

On 4/6/06, Jonathan Jesse <jjesse at iserv.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 April 2006 08:44, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 02:33:00PM +0200, Javier wrote:
> > > So it was a kopete packaging bug.
> >
> > No, it's off by default in Kopete.  I've turned it on in
> > kubuntu-default-settings but experimentally since there's probably a
> > reason they kept it off, please test.
> >
> > > Thanxs Riddell. :)
> >
> > Thanks for pointing it out.
> >
> > Jonathan
> Jonathan
>
> A little confused, do I need to change the release notes that will be
> published?  Any other review of the release notes that are there would be
> great so I can make sure they are acurate as today is String Freeze

Things I've found having a quick look:
- No mention to guidance tools. I think the new display settings tool
should be at least mentioned, since AFAIK it's new to dapper.
- Espresso installer. A new installer is mentioned, but it doesn't say
it's a GUI installer launched from the live cd.
- Not mentioned:
          Add/remove programs and the adept new updates tray-notification icon
          KNetworkManager not mentioned (don't know if it's worth
mention AFAIK it's not in main yet)

I'm not in front of my kubuntu box, so this are things that have come
into my head right now, maybe I'm missing something else...

Hope this helps.
--

Javier