guidance: 0.4.0 released and kdesvn entered

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Mon Sep 12 18:45:10 CDT 2005

Hi,

We're proud to announce guidance having entered KDESVN tonight. We also
released a new testing release, tagged 0.4.0.

Here's an excerpt from the Changelog:

- version 0.4.0
- displayconfig has been massively restructured internally.
- numerous bug fixes.
- start of dualhead support in displayconfig.
- When umount fails in mountconfig the option to killing blocking processes
  has been added.
- better Debian support in serviceconfig. It now uses apt and dpkg to get
  service descriptions.
- ext3 added to mountconfig. :)
- userconfig now respects /etc/useradd.conf
- Now uses PyKDE Extensions for building and installation.
  http://www.simonzone.com/software/pykdeextensions/
- DPMS tab added to displayconfig.

You can find 0.4.0 at the usual place, being [0] and in KDESVN, in
playground/base. The move to KDESVN is a result of aKademy's discussion about
guidance with Benjamin Meyer ("icefox") and aims to give guidance more
exposure to our fellow developers. [1] We're targeting KDE4 officially, at
least regarding some of the modules.

Please note that the "old" archive, hosted at vizZzion.org will not be updated
anymore, 0.4.0 is the latest release hosted there, and also the first one in
KDESVN.

[0] http://www.simonzone.com/software/guidance/
[1] http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=System+Settings

Cheers,
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
Simple things should be simple and complex things should be possible. - Alan
Kay