Request (?): Install .deb packages through the GUI

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Sun Sep 4 12:36:01 CDT 2005

Hello,

is this list a good place for a feature request?

Anyway there's one shortcoming in hoary that really shouldn't be there. Right
now (at least for me); It's not possible to install a .deb package with a
simple click through the GUI. Though kpackage opens this program requires
"su" and doesn'T seem to work with sudo.

Maybe something can be done about that in breezy. A fixed kpackage would be
alright, though I'd strongly encourage a simpler solutions - kpackage is
rather redundant, looking at kynaptic or adept, once it's in kubuntu.

Cheers,
Chris