Luke Monahan lukemonahan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:34:49 CDT 2005

Hi There,

I've noticed that in Breezy when I plug an ipod in, then the media ioslave
recognizes it correctly as an ipod and displays the "ipod_mount" and
"ipod_unmount" icons from my current icon theme.

Is this a specific Kubuntu patch to the media ioslave?

Where does the .desktop file for the ipod reside? I would have thought that
it would be with the rest of the media desktop files in
$KDEDIR/mimelnk/media, but it isn't.

Does the ipod have it's own mimetype, or is it just using the media/storage
mimetype (i.e. the same mimetype as any other usb mass storage device)?

Thanks in advance,

Luke.