PyKDE, PyQt and SIP up-to-date (and in Hoary)

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Oct 12 12:22:46 CDT 2005

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 12.10.2005, 17:17 +0200 schrieb Paul Boddie:
> Stephan, others,
>
> Something I forgot to mention: the Ubuntu package diffs for SIP, PyQt and
> PyKDE did seem to apply successfully against the Debian package sources (ie.
> the later releases/snapshots of the original sources), and with modified
> dependencies (and the removal of a gcc 4.0-related patch) they all built
> cleanly, as far as I can tell.
>
> Perhaps this gives some hope to the possibility of up-to-date backported
> packages...

Yeah, the packages are building fine on hoary with changed hoary
build-deps.
I'd send all patches I was applying to the actual PyKDE packages to
debian and gentoo...I don't actually know if the maintainers in those
two distros applied them.

Regarding your posting before:

kdebindings python-kde stuff is somehow not buildable with python-dcop
in the same package. So I never saw that PyKDE from kdebindings was
build at all (eventually as separate build run).

But I would really like to see that the development of PyKDE is hands of
the KDE devs.

Regards,

\sh