media:/ shows unnecessary media

Giuseppe Bilotta bilotta78 at hotpop.com
Fri May 27 03:36:41 CDT 2005

On Fri, 27 May 2005 06:51:05 +0000, Rajeev J Sebastian wrote:

>> Hm. The DBUS KDE Wiki page proposes pmount as a workaround to
>> alleviate the need of editing fstab;
> Hahaha, thats funny :) Im not making fun of you, but only that even after
> pmount, I did have to put all my hdds and my cdrom into fstab for it to work.
> Odd.

Well, I haven't tried either, so I wouldn't know what would work on my
system ... it might depend on DBUS, HAL and kernel version, though.

>> there is also another proposed
>> solution. Also, in the specifics I'm more concerned with the HD being
>> detected and mounted or mountable, not the CD-ROM, since the CD-ROM
>> drive is occupied by the live DVD anyway :)
> Well, I think, the solution should work for live as well as install CD. What
> about you ?

True. OTOH, in some way I suspect that if we can't make it work with
the hard disks, I doubt it'd work with ejectable media :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Axiom I of the Giuseppe Bilotta
theory of IT: