Fwd: [Kde-cvs-announce] KDE_3_4_BRANCH created

Andreas Mueller amu at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 25 07:58:32 CST 2005

FYI

Subject: [Kde-cvs-announce] KDE_3_4_BRANCH created
Date: Friday 25 February 2005 13:20
From: Stephan Kulow <coolo at kde.org>
To: kde-cvs-announce at kde.org

Hi!

I created a KDE_3_4_BRANCH on the current HEAD and reviewed
the changes between tuesday night and today and moved the
KDE_3_4_0_RELEASE tag where I remembered a discussion (and
some others ;(

In kde-i18n I'm still in progress of creating that branch and also there
this happens on HEAD. So if you commited something so far, you can
be sure it's in KDE_3_4_BRANCH - even though it will not appear in
the KDE 3.4.0 release.

From now on if you make fixes, please commit to HEAD and backport
to KDE_3_4_BRANCH. Translators should change their checkout for
now using cvs update -r KDE_3_4_BRANCH (but leave me another
two hours before complaining that the branch isn't there yet - s.a.).

The HEAD is open for new development, I will only care for
KDE_3_4_BRANCH commits for now. That branch is still release
frozen (only exception: kde-i18n, you can continue improving KDE
3.4.1) and every commit into it (aka backport) should be discussed
on kde-core-devel or in private mail to coolo at kde.org (first way preferred).
But of course you can first commit to HEAD and then discuss if to
backport.

Greetings, Stephan