Seed comments

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 10 04:20:56 CST 2005

<quote who="Mario Fux">

> > > Probably safer, yeah. ;-)
> >
> > And KGhostView as well? I'm not really sure where the differences
> > between the three are and which uses what engine to render PDFs, so
> > having three might well be redundant.
>
> kpdf in KDE 3.4 uses xpdf 3.0 as the rendering engine. That's why I think
> we/you don't need xpdf 3.0 beneath kpdf.

Mmm, gpdf uses xpdf 3 code too, but has a different rendering path that
causes some (mostly font related) problems. Might want to double-check that
kpdf doesn't have problems like this.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

     "So between a jazz musician, a murderer, and a congressperson, all
    called 'Dave Camp', I have a lot of pressure to be evil." - GNOME's
                                 Dave Camp