Seed comments

Christoph Wiesen chris at deadhand.com
Thu Feb 10 03:23:07 CST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2005 07:30 schrieb Jeff Waugh:
> <quote who="Andreas Mueller">
>
> > > Just poking at Kubuntu's initial seed lists, have some comments:
> > >  * vino should not be in the seeds, KDE provides the same feature
> >
> > is there something compareable?
>
> Yeah, there's something in KDE that does this already, before GNOME had it.
> Perhaps it's called krfb?

Yes, that's exactly what it's called - krfb.
From what I remember vino is just the GNOME equivalent of a VNC server with a
nice GUI and the possibility to invite people - that's krfb for KDE.

> > >  * you should probably swap xpdf for kpdf, given that it works well ;-)
> >
> > the past said it's good to have it also.
>
> Probably safer, yeah. ;-)

And KGhostView as well? I'm not really sure where the differences between the
three are and which uses what engine to render PDFs, so having three might
well be redundant.

> > >  * tsclient -> kde equivalent (frontend to xvncviewer, rdesktop and
> > > friends)
> >
> > rdesktop ?
>
> tsclient is just a little GUI wrapper for xvncviewer (for connecting to
> VNC) and rdesktop (for connecting to MS Terminal Services). I'm sure
> there's something like this for KDE.

The KDE application is called krdc.
I have to admit I tend to confuse krfb and krdc all the time - stupid names.

Christoph