Seed comments

Andreas Mueller amu at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 10 00:03:40 CST 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 00:40, Jeff Waugh wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> Just poking at Kubuntu's initial seed lists, have some comments:
>  * vino should not be in the seeds, KDE provides the same feature

is there something compareable?

>  * you should probably swap xpdf for kpdf, given that it works well ;-)

the past said it's good to have it also.

>  * xchat -> something?

yep, konversation, upstream is sometimes on #kubuntu-devel

>  * tsclient -> kde equivalent (frontend to xvncviewer, rdesktop and
> friends)

rdesktop ?

>  * all the gnome stuff in live seed will be fixed by merging latest ubuntu
>    seeds, which no longer include it

yep, saw mdz's merges, i'll wait till they arrived in archive, than a merge
comes.

>  * remove epiphany-extensions from ship seed

*shape*

>  * there's still a bunch of gnome stuff in supported seed

*shapeing*

>  * you should be very careful about gstreamer depends for things like
>    amarok-gstreamer - we don't depend on gstreamer0.8-plugins, because some
>    of them are not appropriate for us to ship :-)

isnt it, if i define a package, which depends on a glibs, the glib will be
automatically installed as depend?

> Very keen to watch Kubuntu take shape! :-)

Rock Jeff, thanks for your help. I'll shape it today, let's talk later about
them? Fine for you ?

Cheers,
amu

--