[kubuntu-devel] media:/ in Breezy

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev_jsv at dinamis.com
Tue Aug 2 06:49:04 CDT 2005

> Btw, either the HAL package of Breezy has an error, or there is some
> problem in the upgrade from Hoary to Breezy: the parameter
> --drop-priveleges has been removed, and instead a new --keep-priveleges has
> been added. Just to let you know ...
I forgot to mention the error ... it is that when one installs hal, it shows
an error because the /etc/default/hal contains a --drop-privileges, which
should be commented for proper operation.

Btw, does anyone know why hal requires root privileges to report partition
filesystem type ? I have tried looking but never found an answer :/

Rajeev J Sebastian