[Bug 1843613] [NEW] SRU tracking bug for plasma 5.12.9 in Bionic
Launchpad Bug Tracker
1843613 at bugs.launchpad.net
Thu Sep 12 09:48:33 UTC 2019
You have been subscribed to a public bug by Rik Mills (rikmills):
SRU tracking bug for KDE's Plasma 5.12.9 LTS for bionic
Official release announcement by the KDE community:
Complete changelog (excludes translation updates):
This time due to the small upstream list of packages with bugfixes, I am cherry-picking only 6 sources to SRU.
* Without this update, general users who are not inclined or able to
add our backports/update ppa will not receive this bugfix release of the
Plasma 5.12 LTS series
* Providing this bugfix release via the official update pocket in the
archive will ensure that the bugfixes here reach and benefit most of our
users. This is particularly important for a Kubuntu and Plasma LTS
* General tests:
- Does plasma desktop start as normal with no apparent regressions over 5.12.8?
- General workflow - testers should carry out their normal tasks, using the plasma features they normally do, and test common subsystems such as audio, settings changes, compositing, desktop affects, suspend etc.
* Specific tests:
- Check the changelog: https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.8-5.12.9-changelog.php
- Identify items with front/user facing changes capable of specific testing. e.g. "[weather] Fix weather Notices tab not showing."
- Test the 'fixed' functionality.
* These updates fix some obvious front facing issues, but may also include some underlying code fixes.
- e.g. changes for compilation under Qt versions we do not ship yet, code optimizations and fixes with less obvious explanation of impact in the changelog,
* Fixes for obvious and testable bugs and regressions can also
introduce unintended other regressions in either the feature/app being
fixed, or desktop components or subsystems that interact with it. So it
is important in these updates to consider:
* General testing - does the desktop as a whole, and routine use of
such work as previously with no obvious regressions over the previous
* If there is say a fix for the audio applet to fix one issue, in
addition to fixing that issue, do the other common features of that app
still work as before, do the general audio settings still work?
* Packages not listed in the upstream changelog either have a 0-diff or
just translation updates. Those with translation updates have been
included in this SRU.
** Affects: kdeplasma-addons (Ubuntu)
** Affects: ksysguard (Ubuntu)
** Affects: kwin (Ubuntu)
** Affects: milou (Ubuntu)
** Affects: plasma-desktop (Ubuntu)
** Affects: plasma-workspace (Ubuntu)
SRU tracking bug for plasma 5.12.9 in Bionic
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs