[Bug 1779456] [NEW] SRU tracking bug for KDE's Plasma 5.12.6 for bionic
rik.mills88 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 11:42:24 UTC 2018
Public bug reported:
SRU tracking bug for KDE's Plasma 5.12.6 LTS for bionic
Official release announcement by the KDE community:
Complete changelog (excludes translation updates):
* Without this update, general users who are not inclined or able to
add our backports/update ppa will not receive this bugfix release of the
Plasma 5.12 LTS series
* Providing this bugfix release via the official update pocket in the
archive will ensure that the bugfixes here reach and benefit most of our
users. This is particularly important for a Kubuntu and Plasma LTS
* General tests:
- Does plasma desktop start as normal with no apparent regressions over 5.12.5?
- General workflow - testers should carry out their normal tasks, using the plasma features they normally do, and test common subsystems such as audio, settings changes, compositing, desktop affects, suspend etc.
* Specific tests:
- Check the changelog: https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.5-5.12.6-changelog.php
- Identify items with front/user facing changes capable of specific testing. e.g. "[Timer applet] Fix double speed countdown & commands run multiple times." in kdeplasma-addons
- Test the 'fixed' functionality.
* These updates fix some obvious front facing issues, but also include some underlying code fixes.
- e.g. changes for compilation under Qt versions we do not ship yet, code optimizations and fixes with less obvious explanation of impact in the changelog,
* Fixes for obvious and testable bugs and regressions can also
introduce unintended other regressions in either the feature/app being
fixed, or desktop components or subsystems that interact with it. So it
is important in these updates to consider:
* General testing - does the desktop as a whole, and routine use of
such work as previously with no obvious regressions over the previous
* If there is say a fix for the audio applet to fix one issue, in
addition to fixing that issue, do the other common features of that app
still work as before, do the general audio settings still work?
* Packages not listed in the upstream changelog either have a 0-diff or just translation updates, Those with translation updates have been included in this SRU.
* However, we deliberately versioned depends and build depends, so that if accepting rebuilt small diff packages into the final release to the updates pocket is considered too much of a regression potential, or too difficult to validate, packages that have not introduced or require a dependency (internal or external) on 5.12.6 version, should be able to be abandoned from consideration and the SRU.
** Affects: plasma-desktop (Ubuntu)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to plasma-desktop in Ubuntu.
SRU tracking bug for KDE's Plasma 5.12.6 for bionic
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the kubuntu-bugs