[Bug 857828] Re: kontact migration to 11.10 fails
lmilano at gmx.net
Wed Oct 12 14:17:10 UTC 2011
So, here is a summary of the migration (see comment #18 above):
• it completed successfully after a long time (more than one hour for about 20k emails on a 3core fast desktop)
• it added a new IMAP Google account/folder I didn’t have and seemed to slow things down significantly
• it created some Local Folders (besides KMail folders) and placed a few of my “Inbox” emails in the Local Folders’ Inbox. The rest stayed in the right Inbox within “KMail Folders”. This is probably a result of the first failed migration
• I used to have Kontact to autostart on login. I wonder if, after distro upgrade, Kontact started before akonadi and the original migration failed because of that
• KWallet was disabled and that created also lots of errors/grief. I ran KWallet from the menu and activated it for use with KDE. After that, password management got smoother (without that, the second migration worked, but I would have to retype each account’s password after each login to KDE)
Hope this helps!
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kdepim in Ubuntu.
kontact migration to 11.10 fails
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the kubuntu-bugs