[Bug 549438] [NEW] KDE Device Notifier actions for inserted media are difficult to click
t.scott.testerman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 10:32:29 UTC 2010
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: kdebase-workspace
When the Device Notifier Plasma widget detects inserted media, it pops
up a notification offering possible actions for the media. In Lucid,
these actions are difficult to click.
1) Insert any media and wait for Device Manager to pop up.
2) Click on the text of the media label or the "x actions for this device" text.
3) Nothing happens because it's the wrong place to click.
4) You must discover through trial and error that the blank space *beneath* the text is the correct place to click.
5) Similarly, to close the list of actions without performing an action, it's still necessary to click the blank space.
This is a cosmetic usability issue only, but it is annoying for
experienced users, and I would presume it would be quite confusing for
new KDE users. Users generally expect to be able to click directly on
text to perform an action, rather than in some undefined blank space
adjacent to the text.
Date: Sat Mar 27 06:21:11 2010
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" - Beta i386 (20100318)
Package: kdebase-workspace 4:4.4.1-0ubuntu7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-17.26-generic 18.104.22.168+drm33.1
Uname: Linux 2.6.32-17-generic i686
** Affects: kdebase-workspace (Ubuntu)
** Tags: apport-bug i386 lucid
KDE Device Notifier actions for inserted media are difficult to click
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kdebase-workspace in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs