[Bug 601696] [NEW] Powerdevil does not trigger new lid action when profile changes
rct+lp at thompsonclan.org
Sun Jul 4 21:55:06 UTC 2010
Public bug reported:
Binary package hint: kde
Assume the following power configuration, which is a simplification of
the KDE default:
- There are two power profiles, "AC" and "Battery".
- When the AC adapter is plugged in, the system is configured to switch to the "AC" profile.
- When the adapter is unplugged, the system is configured to switch to the "battery" profile.
- In, the AC profile, when the lid is closed, the system locks the screen.
- In the Battery profile, when the lid is closed, the system goes into sleep mode (suspends to RAM).
With this setup, if I unplug the laptop and then close the lid, the
laptop will suspend, as expected. However, if I close the lid *first*
and then unplug the laptop, the screen will lock, and the laptop will
*not* suspend. This is because the lid is closed while the AC power
profile is active. When the adapter is unplugged afterward, the power
profile is switched to Battery, but this does not trigger the
appropriate lid action from the Battery profile.
In GNOME, there is a hidden gconf setting to fix this problem, but it
seems that there is no such setting in KDE.
A possible workaround is to configure the system to emit an ACPI lid
event whenever the AC adapter is unplugged, but I don't know how to do
** Affects: meta-kde (Ubuntu)
Powerdevil does not trigger new lid action when profile changes
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to meta-kde in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs