[Bug 510616] Re: Translation of kdelibs: untranslatable % placeholder
david.planella at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 24 11:53:01 UTC 2010
I checked this our for a few other languages (Catalan, Italian, Spanish,
German) and in all cases it appears untranslated (apart from Spanish, in
which they used a bit of a hack by joining the % sign with the o).
Here's the string in question from the template exported from Launchpad:
msgid "% of View Width"
(note the wrong c-format flag as Danilo pointed out)
I do not quite understand how this template made it into Launchpad,
since I cannot find it in KDE's svn, either. I'll keep investigating.
Here's what I've found out so far:
* The latest kde4libs/kdelibs4 template update was on 2009-12-11
03:24:53.606343+00:00 and it does not contain this string. However,
looking through the changelogs at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/kde-l10n-is I cannot see any
uploads on (or near) that date.
* The latest Karmic upload for Icelandic was
is_4.3.2-0ubuntu1_i386_translations.tar.gz on the 05 Oct 2009
* There seems to have been a security upload on the 11th Dec for
kdelibs, which would match the update date of the template and which
seemed to import translations from kdelibs directly instead of the usual
kde-l10n-* packages. So far I haven't been able to access that file:
but for one I do not quite understand why the uploaded package contained
translations, since as far as I know KDE upstream separate translations
from the packages, that's why we additionally import the kde-l10n-*
* There seems to be reference to something related here -> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2009-April/002353.html
* Description of the lifecycle and handling of KDE translations in Kubuntu: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Upstream/KDE/KubuntuTranslationsLifecycle
Translation of kdelibs: untranslatable % placeholder
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Kubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to kde4libs in ubuntu.
More information about the kubuntu-bugs